Popular Posts

1/02/2012

MY TOP 10 SONGS OF 2011

So I could simply start off with the artists to watch out for in 2012, but its only January 2nd, so lets get real. These songs that I am listing are all the ones that I could not stop listening to the most in 2011. Now some of these songs may have come out in 2010, but you will notice they were album released in 2010 and not single release. Now some may not like my list, but you can get a sense of what I like to listen too (major release artist wise). I am a sucker for a good beat, that is what attracts me first, then I get myself onto the lyrics. They may be backwards for some of you, but for its how i prefer to listen to music. Now, I do enjoy my underground artists as well, but this is more for radio releases. So shall we begin starting with ten.

10. Young Jeezy ft. Jay-Z and Andre 3000 - I Do. - I am a Jeezy fan. Point Blank. I am sucker for a high pitched vocal in the background of a rap song and when it seems old school put with a nice base line and beat I am hooked. Jeezy cuts his verses up well as usual, but it was Andre 3000 and Jay-Z that stood out the most on the track. Jay-Z showed his power on "Watch The Throne" but I have to say...Andre!!!! I and the rest of the world are ready for your next album sir.....your a master of your craft. So to wrap up number 10, Jeezy returns to scene with a nice single and good feature artists, that make it good rolling on the highway with windows down music.

9. Maroon 5 ft.Christina Aguilera - Moves Like Jagger. - Very happy to hear some good music come from a group that I liked at their initial start when they came out. From the whistle at the start, to the voice of Adam Levine, this song just connected with you from the get go. I enjoyed the upbeat, yet smoothness of this track. Christina comes in when necessary and does not over stay her welcome. I am fan of this group and look forward to more great music from them. Number 9.

8. Jill Scott ft. Paul Wall - So Gone. - *Sighs for Jill* I love this woman. She is phenomanel. I can go on and on about how much I love her music, but that I will save for another day. Here is a slowed down track that has the feeling of being at a dark lounge with some hennessy and pineapple in your cup, while the DJ spins this track, you give that special someone your eye from across the room and plays out for the rest of the evening. Paul Wall made a decent flow on this track and represents my hometown Houston well. Jill's lyrics give you a summary of her tempatations and allow us to enter her mind and feel what she is feeling. I enjoyed this track and was happy to have another single(and album) from my girl Jill. Number 8.

7. Lady Gaga - You and I. - "Its been a long time since you came around, been long time but I'm back in town. This time I'm not leaving without you." I was sold at the beginning of this track. Lady Gaga is definitely a visionary artist, who can take you from something simple and make it extreme. This song to me is one of her best. I enjoyed the beauty of this track and what it represents. Old lovers and remembrance of the beautiful times, whether good or bad, that they had with each other. Her voice carries so well across the guitars and if you have seen the video; the visual of that alone gets you entranced in this song. Number 7.

6. Rihanna ft. Calvin Harris - We Found Love - This song came around a difficult time in my life. Nothing to do with an ex lover or anything like that, but more to do with the passing of someone extremely important in my life. I felt myself being in a hopeless place. But, with good surrounding you, you can find love in a hopeless place and continue moving forward. This song is fire. I have to give this track som credit. The house beat in the background just jumped this simple song up some serious notches. I still, right now, do not get tired of this song. Rihanna lays her vocals down just right for this one. When I'm out with friends and I hear this one come on I cannot help but dance and be happy. Number 6.

5. Drake - Over My Dead Body. - Drizzy!!! Im going to start making these quick reviews shorter lol. This is my favorite track off his recent album. Simply sounds beautiful and the lyrics strike a cord for me and pretty much, I like almost everything this dude puts out. This track is on repeat most nights for me. Number 5.

4. Adele - Someone Like You. - Do I have to even talk about this one. LOL. Beautiful. When I tell you this track speaks to me about 2 years ago, its very eerie for me. But, I will say she said all the right things in this track and with just a piano backing this up with those enchanting vocals, Adele deserves every award that comes her way. Number 4.

3. Cee Lo Green - Fool For You. - This is one of those tracks that came out with the album in 2010, but we did not hear it as a single till 2011. Cee Lo Green is a monster with his vocals and seriously brings us back to soul. I enjoy this one in particular to his other songs. He kept this one old school, very 70's to me and he layed his verses down so smooth. I also like to say, people need to catch him performing live. This man puts on a damn good show. Number 3

2. Jay-Z/Kanye West - Ni**as in Paris. - Yea!! I blocked out the G's...get mad at me....no please don't lol. I did that for the sensitive folk. Well I really do not have to say much about this track except. That sh*t cray!!! Jay-Z and Kanye murdered this track with their brilliant lyrics. Jay-Z comes in flawlessly and Kanye kills it with his styling and his impressive beats. I still cant get enough of this one. Number 2.

1. Beyonce ft. Andre 3000 - Party - Those who know me would not be surprised to see me put a Beyonce track up, but may have thought I would have chosen one of the other upbeat tracks from the album. This one has a special place in my heart. I can see myself walking, driving, flying and pretty much going anywhere with this specific piece traveling through the audio waves in my ear. Andre 3000 killer his part and J. Cole(on the remix) did a good job too. I just love Beyonce's vocals. Number 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment